Two applications are available for competition organizers to retrieve data from the SpeedskatingResults.com database.
The Vitesse Competition Manager allows race start lists to be drawn automatically using seed times retrieved from the SpeedskatingResults.com database. It includes all of the functionality of the original Participants List
The original Participants List remains available. It allows seed times to be retrieved from SpeedskatingResults.com and saved as an Excel spreadsheet
Vitesse - Competition Manager
The Vitesse Competition Manager is the successor the the Participants List app. Like the Participants List, it allows for the seed times for skaters in a competition to be retrieved from the SpeedskatingResults.com. The start lists for the competition's races can then be automatically drawn using the skater's seed times.
To install Vitesse, download the application then extract and open the zip file. Click on the Setup icon, then follow the instructions on the screen. The zip file includes the Vitesse Users Guide and JSON Export Reference. Both guides can also be dowloaded separately.
|Vitesse Installation (Vitesse.zip) (12.8 MB)||03 Jul 2020|
|Users Guide (7.2 MB)||03 Jul 2020|
3 July 2020 - Version 1.20.0702. Changes include:
1. Team pursuit and team sprint races
2. Customizable helmet numbers for mass start races
3. New style for mass start PDF start lists
4. Updated Users Guide
5. Bug fixes and UI improvements
This release introduces new technical features that allow integration of Vitesse with other applications (e.g. timing systems).
1. JSON export of participants and start lists
2. Competition server JSON API (TCP socket based)
3. JSON Export Reference guide - a technical reference for the new features
4. Example client for competition server (Windows C#)
With the 1.20.0702 release in July 2020, Vitesse added new features to ease integration with other applications (timing systems, for example). Vitesse can export participants and start lists in standard JSON-format files that can then be imported by another application. Vitesse also provides the competition server, a TCP socket based JSON API providing real-time updates of participants, races and start lists to connected applications.
The JSON Export Reference documents both the JSON file export and the competition server API. An example client (written in C#) for the competition server is also available
|JSON Export Reference (393.8 KB)||03 Jul 2020|
|JSON competition server example client (C#) (5.7 MB)||03 Jul 2020|
|Start list (PDF) (84.1 KB)||22 Nov 2016|
|Participants list (PDF) (96.2 KB)||01 Jan 2017|
|Participants list (Excel) (13.6 KB)||01 Jan 2017|
Screenshots Click to enlarge
Significant Past Releases
15 June 2019 - Version 1.19.0612. Changes include:
1. Skater names in native alphabet (e.g. Russian/Cyrillic)
2. Configurable pair order (Slow->Fast or Fast->Slow)
3. Skater number match for import
4. Automatic notification of Vitesse updates
5. Bug fixes
19 December 2018 - Version 1.18.1219. Changes include:
1. Creation of start lists for mass start races
19 August 2018 - Version 1.18.0819. Changes include:
1. Manually set skater number
2. Manually set/correct skater seed times
3. Import competition and/or race participants - Cut/Paset or from file
4. Faster retrieval of information from SpeedskatingResults.com
5. Retrieve seed times for 200m and 400m races
3 July 2017 - Version 1.17.0702. Changes include:
1. Large text option for better legibility when Vitesse is used on large monitor or projector
2. Retrive seed times for 100m, 300m and 700m races
3. When skaters with same seed time are split across groups, randomly choose which skater is placed in which group
1 Jan 2017 - The first release of Vitesse (version 1.16.1129)
The Participants List app remains available, though as of July 2020 it is considered obsolete. All features provided by Participants List are available in the Vitesse competition manager. No future updates or bug fixes will be provided for the application.
Participants List is a Windows™ application that aids in the creation of seed times spreadsheets for participants in a competition. As skaters are added to the list of participants their seed times are automatically retrieved from the SpeedskatingResults.com database.
To install the application download and extract the zip file then follow the instructions in the Users Guide included in the download. The Users Guide can also be downloaded separately.
|ParticipantsList.zip (4.5 MB)||12 Sep 2018|
|Users Guide (905.0 KB)||16 Jun 2016|
12 Sep 2018 - Bug fix release to work with new SpeedskatingResults.com database
16 Jun 2016 - Add option to select only ISU accepted times (ISU Calendar, National Championships, World Cups, etc.) as seed times.
25 Jan 2014 - Update to correct crash when loading a saved competition after manually setting a skater's date of birth. Before installing this release, please uninstall any older version using the Windows™ Control Center.
27 Jul 2012 - Initial release
Screenshots Click to enlarge
Native Language Names