The XML API allows information from the SpeedskatingResults.com database to be added to web pages.
- Competition list - Retrieve a list of competitions for a skater during a season
- Personal records - Retrieve a skater's personal records
- Season bests - Retrieve a skater's season bests
- Seed times - Retrieve the seed times (best results within a specific data range) for a skater. This API allows the seed times ability of the Participants List app to be embedded in your own web applications (e.g. an on-line event registration system).
- Skater ID lookup - Find a skater's ID
- National Records - Retrieve a country's national records
- Olympic Records - Retrieve the current Olympic records
- World Records - Retrieve the current world records
- Competition list - Retrieve a list of competitions at a track during a season
All API methods return data in XML format, which must be processed by the web page's code into a format suitable for display. Working with the API does require some knowledge of Ajax web development, though each API method's description page does include very basic sample code.
The XML API supports Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) allowing it to be called directly from a web page being displayed by more recent versions of most popular web browsers. If you wish to ensure that web pages using the API can be viewed on older browsers, you will need to access the API via a server-side proxy.
Conditions of Use
Use of the API is free for non-commercial purposes. If you make use of this API, please indicate that the data was provided by, and include a link to, SpeedskatingResults.com.